Pages

Saturday 23 June 2018

June All Comers Day

It’s been absolutely ages since I’ve managed to attend an All Comers Day, so I’m pleased I made it today, although for half a day only.  I arrived to find this happy group finishing off their lunches.  Jane and Janneke had since departed after spending  the morning with the ladies.

P1200210

Dianne, Kath, Liz, Wendy and Jan

There was a whole pile of “Gift Quilts” on tables  in the hall – certainly a much nicer name than “Charity Quilts” which was formerly used to describe them.  Two worthy recipients came in to make their choices and happily took their new quilts home with them. 

P1200211P1200214

Quilts made for gifting

So what were the All Comer ladies getting up to while I was there?  Both Kath and Liz were working on their BOM blocks from Foxes Cottage.

P1200216

P1200215

Monthly BOM from Foxes Cottage

P1200222

Wendy was dealing with lots of tiny squares


P1200220

Dianne was busy machine quilting this striking blue and yellow gifting quilt.

P1200221

Jan’s quilt kit from Spotlight’s bargain bin

And I was busy hand stitching a binding on my wall hanging.  It was great to catch up with club members at the All Comers Day – always a pleasant way to spend the day, or like me, a half day, with like minded people.

Jenny Benton

No comments:

Post a Comment