Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Post Card from Gisborne

Best wishes to Town and Country Quilt Club for a successful and smooth AGM.  I have put my name forward for a place on the Committee, (more about that later)  so I hope that sufficient nominations have been received to allow for a new committee.  Unfortunately, I could not attend the AGM as once again, we are away on a trip in our caravan.

We are currently enjoying the warm weather and beautiful beach at sunny Gisborne.  But we didn’t realise that the school holidays are in full swing so the motor camp is full of families – and lots of kids everywhere.

I checked out the Bernina Sewing Centre in town – just in case there was something which wanted to jump into my hands to take away.  There was a good selection of New Zealand inspired prints, including some new designs I had not seen before.  Lots of patchwork fabric to check out, dress fabrics too, and plenty of buttons, laces and trims.  I also noticed a very large range of knitting wool – in fact, something for everyone.  My purchase was very modest, a pair of knitting needles!

P4080003 Bernina shop in Gisborne

And check out this lovely view from   the top of Wharerata Hill as we approached Gisborne.  The view from this spot is magnificent, looking down on to Poverty Bay and Young Nick's Head.  The headland was named after a lad in Captain Cook’s crew, Nicholas Young, who made the first sighting of land, earning himself a gallon of rum and a place in the history book.  We are so lucky to be living in such a beautiful country.

 P4070044Poverty Bay and Young Nick’s Head, Gisborne

No comments:

Post a Comment