Pages

Thursday 21 September 2017

Post Card from Hamilton and New Plymouth

Hi all

Not much stitching is getting done as we are on a road trip with our caravan.  We spent a few days at Hamilton looking through the Camper and Motor Home Show.  Lots of brand spanking new rigs to buy, if you are in the market for one.  I rather liked the tiny retro caravans from earlier years, all done up so nicely and styled with all sorts of interesting accessories.  So cute!

P1060652

Then we moved down to New Plymouth and were lucky to see Mt Egmont in all her glory.  For one day only, I hasten to add, as the mountain was hidden under cloud cover on the other days we were there.

P1060747

I called in to a “new to me” quilt shop, “In Stitches”, Stratford to make a few small purchases, as you do while travelling.  The very friendly owner showed me a commission quilt she was making for a man who told her he wanted to sleep under the mountain.  And what a great job she is doing.

P1060795

I purchased a couple of hanks of Perle #5 thread from this shop so I could continue with my stitcheries.  Well worth a stop if you are passing by. 

P1060801

Just a few more days on holiday, before we get home and I can get reacquainted with my sewing machine again.   I’m starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

Jenny Benton

No comments:

Post a Comment