Pages

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Another Successful Allcomers Day

This month our Allcomers Stitching Day was held on Saturday to cater for those who cannot attend during the week.  Numbers were a little lower this time but a dozen or so happy stitchers met at the Red Cross Rooms and sewed for the day.  I was unable to join in as I had other commitments but popped in for a wee while to take a few photos.  And most importantly, I had it on good authority that Val was bringing some of her world famous Ginger Gems for morning tea, and I didn’t want to miss out on those.  As soon as I walked in the door, the  ladies burst into song, all joining together to sing me Happy Birthday.  That was so nice, and such a lovely surprise.

After we all sat down for morning tea around the big table for a cuppa and one (let’s be honest, I had two) of those Ginger Gems, I walked around the hall to check out what everyone was doing.   Hand stitching, machine piecing, machine quilting – it was full steam ahead. 

PA170073  Busy working at the Red Cross Rooms

I loved the cat blocks Alison was working on.  All individual, with their own pussy cat expressions, and made in shades of grey and taupe.  This is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

PA170074 Alison’s cat blocks

I left the ladies to their stitching day and returned home.  With visitors expected for the evening meal I was busy in the kitchen, whipping up a bacon and egg pie, then a rhubarb crumble for dessert, ran around with the vacuum cleaner and flicked the duster around.  Whew!  I needed a sit down after that lot, I can tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment