Pages

Sunday 30 August 2015

August Remnants Night

I was a little late getting to Remnants Night on Friday as I was recovering from my daughter’s lunchtime  Big Birthday Bash in Palmy.  My goodness – I was full after that large lunch!  But I made it to the Art Centre to find a small elite group working on their various projects.  Janneke was busy finishing off a whole pile of little drawstring bags she was making for the Health Camp kids for toiletries.  As often happens, this job took far longer than she thought it would.  And continuing with good deeds, Janneke was also hand quilting a Lone Star quilt to be given as a charity quilt.  The quilt top was kindly donated by Cheryl.

P8280051 Lone Star charity quilt

Sandra was machine quilting another charity quilt for Ronald McDonald, while Linda was doing something completely different – taking the scissors to her favourite nighty.  But she had worn it to death, she said, and was unpicking it to use the parts as a pattern to make a new one in the same style.  Wendy had the cutest pattern for Tea Cup Dollies and she had already made quite a few, but wasn’t quite ready to stop yet, she said.

P8280047 Pattern for Tea Cup Dollies

Ute and her young daughter were there too, both busy at their sewing machines, while I was sitting stitching on another of my ABC Christmas blocks, trying to finish off “C is for Candle”.  Didn’t quite get it done by I’m almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment