Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Guest Exhibitor at Kapiti Coast Quilters

The Kapiti Coast Quilters put on a magnificent show over the weekend at Southwards Car Museum.  The car park was full to overflowing and busloads of happy quilters came from far and wide.   Ever hopeful, I stopped to buy a tickets for the raffle quilt and beautifully presented gift baskets.  But no one has since  phoned to tell me I have one of the winning tickets, so I guess that I’ve missed out yet again!  One day, I really hope to win a gift basket full of goodies.

P5160076 The raffle table

I looked through the exhibition with my friend Robyn, and there was so many lovely quilts to check out.  We had had a quick look around the Merchants Mall and then I stopped to admire Jenny Hunter’s wonderful display of New Zealand flora and fauna quilts.    This very talented quilter was the speaker at Town and Country Quilters last year,  I recall.

P5160069

P5160068

P5160067 Some of Jenny Hunter’s quilts on display

Jenny Hunter shares her bird designs through the New Zealand Quilter magazine.  They are such beautiful designs and still on my “must do one day” list.

No comments:

Post a Comment