Pages

Saturday 30 March 2019

March All Comers Day

Madalyn asked for people to help at the March All Comers Day. The Quiltfest Raffle Quilt needed some willing sewers to sew the hexagon flowers together.  Anyone who could spare  1/2 an hour, an hour or a couple of hours to come and help sew would be welcomed with open arms.  When I arrived the flowers were laid out on the backing, and pinned in place. 

Hexie flowers cascading down

Dianne and Jude started stitching the hexie flowers together

Before too long others arrived to help, Jill and Jackie soon settled down to stitch around the table,  stitching those flowers together in groups. Lynne and Janneke arrived a little later and joined in too.

Four willing stitchers working together

There was an “oops moment” when the placement wasn’t going to plan.  No problem – Lynn had taken a photo on her phone and the hexie flowers were soon rearranged in the correct sequence.  Some of the ladies left after a morning’s stitching, leaving the Afternoon Shift of Janneke, Lyn and Dianne quietly working away together. 

I’d never worked with hexagons so brought along my own projects - two little just completed baby quilts,  with me.  With the bindings hand stitched down on both before the end of the day, I was a happy quilter indeed. 

As you know, we meet in the Vintage Car Club Rooms, and there was all sorts of activity outside in the car park.   The members were gathering there before they went  off on a ride, showing off their wonderful cars.  I went outside to take a few photos.  I rather liked this one, a Model T Ford, the owner told me.  But he didn’t offer to whisk me away on a vintage car jaunt, so I went back inside to get on with my stitching.

Model T Ford

It was another lovely All Comers Day, so nice to meet up and chat  with club members.

Jenny Benton

No comments:

Post a Comment