Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Avenue of Trees

The annual Avenue of Trees was once again on display at the Salvation Army Hall.  Depositing my donation for the Food Bank into a box, I was handed a voting slip for the People’s Choice Award, and walked into a wonderland of trees covered with twinkling lights.  So much variety, and so much time and effort had gone into decorating each tree.  The Town and Country tree was beautiful, Avon had done an amazing job of decorating our tree, called “Silver Threads and Golden Needles”.

P1240919

P1240921

Angels adorned our club’s  beautiful tree

I rather liked the tree entered by the Horowhenua Embroiders Guild too.  This was hung with sweet little cross stitched Christmas Stockings.

P1240872

P1240879

As I wandered around the hall, I noticed several of our club members there too.  I do hope that many of you had the chance to go and see these Christmas delights.  The Salvation Army Band were playing Christmas Carols outside, so I had to stop and listen for a wee while before I left.

P1240955

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  safe travels if you are on the road over the Christmas break.

Jenny Benton

No comments:

Post a Comment